The Urban Leadership Academy
The Urban Leadership Academy (ULA) is 8-month interactive non-profit, small business, and entrepreneurial development program focused on strategy development, business acumen, and the crucial leadership skills needed for execution and effective community engagement. The consulting and training sessions combined to create this comprehensive program are designed to equip, empower, and educate grass roots community leaders and local entrepreneurs with the skillset and mindset required to make lasting social impact. ULA provides practical, MBA-level content and training from leading small business owners and C-level executives. Each session is carefully designed to provide principle-center learning, interactive and engaging examples and ongoing access to supporting templates, tools and relevant coursework. To further anchor the training in the hearts and minds of each participant, the Urban Leadership Academy includes:
- One Group Capstone Activity,
- A recommended reading list,
- Quarterly participant gifts,
- Virtual follow-up sessions and
- A private Facebook Group for intimate engagement among participants and instructors.
Below is a detailed overview of each session along with session objectives:
- Identify and leverage intrinsic values, motivators and communication styles for personal professional success.
- Develop emotional intelligence so that participant can lead others with greater empathy, self-awareness, and social management.
- Implement habits and behaviors which foster teamwork, increase productivity and improve communication.
Create an Executable Strategic Action Plan
- Leverage a proven 7-step framework to create an executable strategic plan.
- Specify critical goal categories and set appropriate personal and organizational goals.
- Increase sustainability through a system of accountability.
- Establish standards for productivity, processes, quality, and timeliness.
Get Fiscally Fit
- Establish (or re-establish) a firm financial foundation using 4 building blocks of financial success.
- Explore the nuts and bolts of a simple, yet effective financial plan.
- Identify threats to profits and potential remedies to those threats.
- Increase financial proficiency; identify and overcome self-sabotaging money mindset
Maximize Your Impact: Right Market + Right Message + Right Strategy = Impact Masses
- Define and discuss characteristics of a viable niche.
- Identify ideal audience and learn how to turn ideal audience into a loyal “tribe.”
- Evaluate and refine current market positioning strategy.
- Introduce the significance of developing a Local Legend Strategy™ for reaching ideal audience.
Uncover Your Unique Brand
- Learn the SIX essentials of a remarkable brand
- Discover the difference between personal brand vs. company brand and why both matter!
- Examine your current brand credibility and trustworthiness with THREE easy to implement strategies.
- Recognize behaviors and mindsets that lead to brand damage.
Build Strategic Partnerships
- Introduce the importance of social capital.
- Craft an introduction that will gain instant credibility and builds trust.
- Analyze, enhance, and activate your network to achieve goals and improve your ability to impact the community.
- Learn common networking mistakes that decrease your net worth.
Engage Your Local Community
- Discover specific ways to leverage volunteerism, advocacy, and leadership for positive community impact
- Examine the value of your own organization through the lens of local community.
- Learn how to properly connect and collaborate with civic leaders, key community influencers and stakeholders.
- Learn how to establish an issue-based approach to initiatives and impact.